BREAST IMPLANT REMOVAL IN HOUSTON TX
BREAST IMPLANT SURGERY IS VERY COMMON IN TODAY’S AGE. BREAST IMPLANT SURGERY IS USED TO CHANGE THE SHAPE, SIZE, AND OVERALL CONTOUR OF A PERSON’S BREASTS.
Breast implant surgery is also used after a mastectomy (procedure for removal of the breast due to breast cancer or as a preventative measure known as risk reduction surgery) or to correct defects and deformities.
However, many people who undergo breast implant surgery run into complications down the road after the surgery. Many times, the complications result in another procedure known as Breast Implant Removal Surgery. We are going to go over popular reasons for Breast Implant Removal Surgery Houston.
IS BREAST IMPLANT REMOVAL SURGERY RISKY?
Every surgery has some potential risks, such as reaction to anesthesia, bleeding, infection, poor healing, and several others. However, if everything is done properly the chances of these risks are very small. Moreover, it is noted that in almost every case of breast implant removal surgery, there will be some scarring, but this will fade with time.
Before making any decisions, it is highly advisable to consult with a medical professional to discuss your options and the best solutions for your particular situation. Breast Implant Removal Surgery is a major decision so please make sure to seek the advice of a medical professional.
Before scheduling breast implant removal surgery, your first step is to schedule a consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons Dr. Patel and Dr. Truong. If it is determined that you are a good candidate for the surgery we can proceed to schedule the procedure. Contact us to schedule your first step.
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE FOR BREAST IMPLANT REMOVAL SURGERY?
There are two common techniques used for Breast Implant Removal Surgery. Let us have a look at the 2 techniques:
Incision Process (En Bloc/Total Capsulectomy)- This surgery is completed by making a small incision under the breast where the implants were inserted. This is the most common and preferred method of breast implant removal.
Deflation Method- This technique of breast implant removal surgery is used when the incision process is not able to provide a better solution. This deflation method is considered to be a non-surgical method of breast implant removal however small incisions are still required.
IS BREAST IMPLANT REMOVAL SURGERY RIGHT FOR YOU?
THIS IS A QUESTION THAT CAN ONLY BE ANSWERED BY A CERTIFIED MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL. BEFORE MAKING ANY DECISIONS, IT IS HIGHLY ADVISABLE TO CONSULT WITH OUR BOARD-CERTIFIED SURGEONS, DR. PATEL AND DR. TRUONG AT LIFT PLASTIC SURGERY WEBSTER, TO DISCUSS YOUR OPTIONS AND THE BEST SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION. BREAST IMPLANT REMOVAL SURGERY IS A MAJOR DECISION, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION.
There are many more symptoms of breast implant illness, but the ones listed below are the most common and are also the most neglected symptoms.
- Continuous swelling and pain around the area where the implants were inserted.
- Signs of fluid collection near the breast implant area.
- Scarring around the breast implant area.
- Redness around the breast implant area.Swelling around the area where the implants have been inserted.
- Discharge of fluid.
- Change in breast shape and color of breast.
- High fever accompanied by any of the above symptoms.
BENEFITS OF BREAST IMPLANT REMOVAL SURGERY
Let us have a look at the benefits of breast implant removal surgery:
- Pain Relief- The first benefit of breast implant removal surgery is that it may relieve pain associated with breast implant illness or complications.
- Increased Confidence- The second benefit is that you would be able to gain more confidence in yourself. People feel uncomfortable when they are facing the problems of breast implant illness, resulting in loss of confidence. However, after the surgery, you will be able to gain your confidence back and be able to live a healthy life.
- No fear of Breast Implant Ruptures- After a successful surgery, you will never face the fear of breast implant ruptures, which implies that you will never face any problems or complications as a result of breast implants.
- No need for Breast Implant Replacements with time- When you thoroughly remove the implants with the help of breast implant removal surgery, you would be able to get rid of the future need for breast implant replacements over time.
- Ability to wear smaller size clothing- You would be able to wear your old clothes that you were unable to wear before. When the surgery is completed, your breast size will decrease. As a result, you will be able to wear smaller size clothes quickly.
In some cases breast implants can be removed in a procedure known as “percutaneous implant deflation”. This method is only an option for those who have saline breast implants. This method involves the intentional puncture and drainage of the implant contents. The implant can then be removed through a smaller incision resulting in minimal scar tissue and less down time.
WHAT IS THE RECOVERY TIME FOR BREAST IMPLANT REMOVAL SURGERY?
The recovery time after breast implant removal is very similar to the recovery time of the initial breast enhancement surgery. Typically, you should expect at least one week to recover meaning that you will be out of work. Any strenuous activities will be postponed for at least three to four weeks.
Before scheduling a breast implant removal surgery, you must first schedule a consultation. During your consultation with Dr. Patel or Dr. Truong, our board-certified surgeons, you can discuss all the options available to you. If it is determined that you are a good candidate for breast implant removal Houston, we can proceed to schedule the procedure for you.